We still have a high number of cases in Denby Dale Ward and in all of our surrounding areas – with high rates in Shelley and Shepley at the moment, as well as Holmfirth.
In the last 7 days, the number of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 in Denby Dale Ward has been 76 per 100,000 people.
This is higher than the England average and is a higher figure than the Kirklees-wide rate when local restrictions were imposed.
This serves as an important reminder about how important it is that we all do what we can to follow the rules and take every precaution possible to protect against the virus;
– to regularly wash hands for 20 seconds – and/or use hand sanitisers;
– to not meet people outside your household/support bubble;
– to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces, where it is advised
– to follow social distancing rules by making 2m of space
– and to isolate if you have any symptoms and to try to get a test as soon as is possible.