What are Cookies and why We Use Them
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart or make use of the payment services.
- Analytical / performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring visitors find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and what you are likely to be looking for.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with social media sites to pick up your reviews of HD8 Network and post them on our website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below in Section 4.
The hd8network.co.uk website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a randomly generated numerical value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our hd8network.co.uk website set several types of cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The cookies that may be set include:
- Zoho, our CRM provider, set cookies to secure your personal data from fraudulent use after you have submitted information on our website and to track unique visitors to our website should you visit our website from multiple devices.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
The table below explains the cookies we use, why we use them and how long the data collected by the individual cookies is retained for.
|Cookie Set By||Cookie||Purpose||Expiration|
|Universal analytics by Google||_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses our hd8network.co.uk website.||2 Years|
|_gid||Stores and update a unique value for each page visited on our hd8network.co.uk website and is used to count and track pageviews.||1 Day|
|_gat||Used to limit the number of requests to our hd8network.co.uk website from a single source (throttle request rate) as a security measure.||1 Minute|
|YouTube||YSC||Tracks views of embedded YouTube videos in our hd8network.co.uk website.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|CONSENT||Used to register anonymous statistical data on for example how many times an embedded video on our hd8network.co.uk website is displayed and what settings are used for playback. No sensitive data is collected unless you log in to your google account, in that case your choices are linked with your account, for example if you click “like” on a video. |
This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||To keep track of user preferences for YouTube videos embedded in our hd8network.co.uk website; it can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the YouTube interface.||6 Months|
|yt.innertube::nextId||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Persistent – never deleted|
|yt-remote-cast-available||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube videos.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Persistent – never deleted|
|yt-remote-device-id||Stores the user’s video player preferences for playing embedded YouTube video on our hd8network.co.uk website||Persistent – never deleted|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||Stores the user’s video player preferences for playing embedded YouTube video on our hd8network.co.uk website across the user’s devices||Persistent – never deleted|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-session-app||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-session-name||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||For the length of the visit to the YouTube video.|
|Doubleclick.net||Test_cookie||Used to check if a user’s browser supports cookies||1 Day|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 Year|
|Zoho.com||_zcsr_tmp||This cookie enables the user to log in to our hd8network.co.uk website.||For the length of the visit to our hd8network.co.uk website|
|crmcsr||Collects information on user preferences and/or interaction with web-campaign content – This is used on CRM-campaign-platform used by website owners for promoting events or products.||For the length of the visit to our hd8network.co.uk website|
|663a60c55d||Identifies the visitor across devices and visits, in order to optimize the chat-box function on the website.||For the length of the visit to our hd8network.co.uk website|
|6e4b8efee4||Monitors input to our hd8network.co.uk website contact form.||For the length of the visit to our hd8network.co.uk website|
|LS_CSRF_TOKEN||Cloudfare sets this cookie to track users’ activities across multiple websites. It expires once the browser is closed.||For the length of the visit to our hd8network.co.uk website|
|siqlsdb||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses our hd8network.co.uk website.||Persistent|
|utsdb||Registers data on visitors’ website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.||Persistent|
|hd8network-_zldp||Identifies the unique visitors for the website||2 Years|
|hd8network-_zldt||This cookie identifies unique visits for a visitor in the website||1 Day|
|Stripe.com||m||Fraud prevention cookie to provide information to Stripe.com about how computers and web browsers access and use their services. To monitor for and detect potentially harmful or illegal use of Stripe.com services||2 Years|
|_stripe_mid||This cookie is necessary for making credit card transactions on the website without storing any credit card information.||1 Year|