Unfortunately HD8 remains an identified high risk area and we still have a high number of cases in Denby Dale Ward and in our surrounding areas.
This works out at a positive case rate, over the 7 day period, of 106 per 100,000 people. This is up from 76 in last week’s update.
This is higher than England’s average rate and is also a higher figure than the Kirklees-wide rate.
There is currently a delay in some test results being processed so the figure for this period may be higher.
This serves as an important reminder about how important it is that we all do what we can to follow the rules and take every precaution possible to protect against the virus;
– to regularly wash hands for 20 seconds – and/or use hand sanitisers;
– to not meet up with people outside your household/support bubble;
– to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces, where it is advised
– to follow social distancing rules by making 2m of space
– and to isolate if you have any symptoms and to try to get a test as soon as is possible.