You will be pleased to hear that we have decided to continue with our #WhereinHD8 campaign.
But this time we want to draw attention to the different villages in the HD8 area.
On our website there is a page for each village (found on our homepage) where we aim to provide details of the village, as well as a sample of the local events and business based there.
Each Friday we will be spotlighting the different #HD8 villages on social media linking to the pages on our website and ask you for contributions.
Do you have information that you would like to update the pages with?
Maybe you could recommend businesses and events that would benefit from featuring here.
If so, please get in touch and share your photos and stories, while sharing and engaging with our social media posts, to help us reach more people.
Where in the HD8 do you think is amazing and why?
By pledging just a small amount you can help make a big difference and make this happen!
In 2019 Shepley Spring Festival moved to a great location just a couple of miles from Shepley to Storthes Hall Park.
The Venue offers a great indoor space ideal for an intimate friendly folk festival.
It is set in secure woodland and offers indoor accommodation as well as extended camping space in 2020.
It is a great place to bring the children for the weekend.
Now Shepley Spring Festival are looking for your support to make the event even more family friendly.
To help bring back Panic Circus and music workshops for the children, opening up more opportunities for our local community to come along and get involved, the festival is using the ‘Spacehive’ crowdfunding initiative – which will also hopefully receive the needed backing from Kirklees Council – to raise some of the money to pay for these family friendly attractions.
However! There is only a week left to raise the funds needed to make this happen.
Click here for details of how you can help – https://www.hd8network.co.uk/shepley-spring-festival-asks-for-your-support/
The Shepley Spring Festival are not asking for large sums of money, just a small pledge from lots of you will make this project part of the 2020 festival!
Tickets are on sale for Shepley Spring Festival 2020.
Early bird tickets are sold out.
Tier 1 tickets at £90 for the weekend are selling fast.
Youth and student reduced prices, all accompanied children are free.
Get yours now.
Available by post or online.
For details of all the artists booked so far look on Shepley Spring Festival website – www.ShepleySpringFestival.co.uk/artists
Looking for something to keep the kids busy over the October Half Term?
Then look no further as we have lots of fun activities going on every day, activities include
– Cliffe House Club – Running 9am – 5pm – For those 8 years plus – Activities include Bushcraft, Climbing, Archery, Team building plus lots more
– Climbing wall sessions – For those who are 6+, all equipment provided and full tuition given by our instructors
– Archery – Run in our sheltered range so don’t worry about the weather, full hour session with all the equipment provided
– Fancy Dress Competition – Who has the best costume? Is it you? If so you could win a birthday party worth £200, why not join in??
– Pumpkin Picking – Come along join the fun and pick your own and carve it on the carving station
– Pumpkin Trail – An hours family fun in the grounds of Cliffe House finished off with a Halloween treat if you complete it
– Arts and Crafts in the woods – Halloween themed fun
– Food and Drink available from our kiosk every day
Most activities are pre-bookable here – https://tickets.kirklees.gov.uk/
Cliffe House is pleased to announce its 2019 Summer Programme of Activities –
· Archery (suitable for ages 6+) Mondays & Thursdays £5.00 – Located in our indoor range, so don’t worry about the weather
· Little Cooks Bushcraft (suitable for ages 7+) Fridays 1pm – 3pm £14.00 – Want to try making some wild garlic butter, pizza’s or bread on an open fire? Then give this a try!
· Climbing Tower – Wednesdays 10.30am – 4pm £3 for 4 climbs or £5 for unlimited– Can you get to the top of all 4 climbs?
· Cliffe House Club – Limited Spaces – £30 – An all day session running from 9am – 5pm – includes walking, canoeing, climbing, archery and bushcraft
· Adventure Playground (Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm) – Free access
· Kiosk (10am – 3pm) – Delicious homemade food available all day
· Woodland Walks (ask at the Kiosk for a pack) – Family Fun for only £5, includes outdoor play equipment to enjoy once you have completed the walk
All equipment provided and sessions run by fully qualified and enthusiastic instructors.
BOOK ONLINE AT tickets.kirklees.gov.uk
ALSO WATCH OUT FOR SPECIAL EVENTS BEING RUN THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER MONTHS
Check out our Facebook@CliffeHouse for a full list