The pandemic has, and still is causing so many disruptions and difficulties within businesses, you probably wouldn’t think to even try and start up a new venture, in these uncertain times.
Yet this is exactly what Faye from Half Inch Seam, has done.
After being made redundant in July 2020, she started making face masks for family and friends, soon, through word of mouth the demand increased and she began to sell them online.
Having an academic background in textiles and a love for sewing she started to offer other sewing services and realised that the demand was out there, and that’s how the business began.
Half Inch Seam offer all kinds of sewing services,
- Clothing and Curtain Alterations and Repairs
- Made to measure Curtains, Roman blinds and cushions,
- Small production runs of handmade goods for other businesses.
If there’s anything to learn from the pandemic within business, it is that we have to be adaptable to change.
Find contact details and more information here on her directory listing –
Half Inch Seam
Shout out to greetings card and print stockists:
Hi, I’m a local illustrator from shepley and I design and produce greetings cards and giclee prints.
I have some new designs that I sell via my Etsy shop www.Etsy.com/shop/janemiddletonart
My work is quirky and humorous, and the card quality is to a high professional standard and had stamped with my logo on the back. They are blank inside and nice and big (A5) so there’s plenty of space for a message.
I’m looking to stock my cards with local businesses that are currently permitted to remain open.
If you’d be interested please contact Jane Middleton Art –
Jane Middleton Art
We literally went live in under a week, following an after meeting conversation and so we are proud of our outcomes so far.
But now we need you to make it a success.
Please keep coming back to browse as Businesses are being added all the time
Should your business be on there?
We are looking to connect with local producers and retailers, artists and fitness instructors, know anyone that wants to sell more, we provide a platform to be seen locally in HD8.
All they have to do is fil in a form here and wait for approval.
However to stay Live on the site you also need to send us any images and text you want to appear in there. If you have those already, Great. We don’t need it just yet. We can get you Live and showing on the Virtual High Street. BUT – to be of any benefit to anyone, it needs to be right while its live.
A reasonable admin may apply if you need assistance to get it right. First chat is free.
It costs just £20 to list your business on the HD8 Virtual High Street which is will be available from now, over the Christmas period.
Or become a Bronze member for £30 for the full year.
Silver and Gold packages available too.
Want EVEN MORE – Join the FSB for £49* if you employ under 10 employees and are based in West Yorkshire.
You will be pleased to hear that we have decided to continue with our #WhereinHD8 campaign.
But this time we want to draw attention to the different villages in the HD8 area.
On our website there is a page for each village (found on our homepage) where we aim to provide details of the village, as well as a sample of the local events and business based there.
Each Friday we will be spotlighting the different #HD8 villages on social media linking to the pages on our website and ask you for contributions.
Do you have information that you would like to update the pages with?
Maybe you could recommend businesses and events that would benefit from featuring here.
If so, please get in touch and share your photos and stories, while sharing and engaging with our social media posts, to help us reach more people.
Where in the HD8 do you think is amazing and why?
By pledging just a small amount you can help make a big difference and make this happen!
In 2019 Shepley Spring Festival moved to a great location just a couple of miles from Shepley to Storthes Hall Park.
The Venue offers a great indoor space ideal for an intimate friendly folk festival.
It is set in secure woodland and offers indoor accommodation as well as extended camping space in 2020.
It is a great place to bring the children for the weekend.
Now Shepley Spring Festival are looking for your support to make the event even more family friendly.
To help bring back Panic Circus and music workshops for the children, opening up more opportunities for our local community to come along and get involved, the festival is using the ‘Spacehive’ crowdfunding initiative – which will also hopefully receive the needed backing from Kirklees Council – to raise some of the money to pay for these family friendly attractions.
However! There is only a week left to raise the funds needed to make this happen.
Click here for details of how you can help – https://www.hd8network.co.uk/shepley-spring-festival-asks-for-your-support/
The Shepley Spring Festival are not asking for large sums of money, just a small pledge from lots of you will make this project part of the 2020 festival!
Tickets are on sale for Shepley Spring Festival 2020.
Early bird tickets are sold out.
Tier 1 tickets at £90 for the weekend are selling fast.
Youth and student reduced prices, all accompanied children are free.
Get yours now.
Available by post or online.
For details of all the artists booked so far look on Shepley Spring Festival website – www.ShepleySpringFestival.co.uk/artists
Looking for something to keep the kids busy over the October Half Term?
Then look no further as we have lots of fun activities going on every day, activities include
– Cliffe House Club – Running 9am – 5pm – For those 8 years plus – Activities include Bushcraft, Climbing, Archery, Team building plus lots more
– Climbing wall sessions – For those who are 6+, all equipment provided and full tuition given by our instructors
– Archery – Run in our sheltered range so don’t worry about the weather, full hour session with all the equipment provided
– Fancy Dress Competition – Who has the best costume? Is it you? If so you could win a birthday party worth £200, why not join in??
– Pumpkin Picking – Come along join the fun and pick your own and carve it on the carving station
– Pumpkin Trail – An hours family fun in the grounds of Cliffe House finished off with a Halloween treat if you complete it
– Arts and Crafts in the woods – Halloween themed fun
– Food and Drink available from our kiosk every day
Most activities are pre-bookable here – https://tickets.kirklees.gov.uk/
Cliffe House is pleased to announce its 2019 Summer Programme of Activities –
· Archery (suitable for ages 6+) Mondays & Thursdays £5.00 – Located in our indoor range, so don’t worry about the weather
· Little Cooks Bushcraft (suitable for ages 7+) Fridays 1pm – 3pm £14.00 – Want to try making some wild garlic butter, pizza’s or bread on an open fire? Then give this a try!
· Climbing Tower – Wednesdays 10.30am – 4pm £3 for 4 climbs or £5 for unlimited– Can you get to the top of all 4 climbs?
· Cliffe House Club – Limited Spaces – £30 – An all day session running from 9am – 5pm – includes walking, canoeing, climbing, archery and bushcraft
· Adventure Playground (Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm) – Free access
· Kiosk (10am – 3pm) – Delicious homemade food available all day
· Woodland Walks (ask at the Kiosk for a pack) – Family Fun for only £5, includes outdoor play equipment to enjoy once you have completed the walk
All equipment provided and sessions run by fully qualified and enthusiastic instructors.
BOOK ONLINE AT tickets.kirklees.gov.uk
ALSO WATCH OUT FOR SPECIAL EVENTS BEING RUN THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER MONTHS
Check out our Facebook@CliffeHouse for a full list